Have you ever considered whether you could cook frozen potatoes in your air fryers? We will teach you how to cook potatoes in your air fryer at all times today. It is quick, simple, and ideal for when things are urgent.
Today, we are using pre-seasoned and pre-cooked frozen potatoes to reduce cooking time. These delicious roasted potatoes with peppers and onions are fantastic! They make cooking potatoes in the air fryer a breeze since they are already cooked and seasoned.
Air-fried potatoes are loved, adaptable, and delicious with chicken, steak, vegetables, and even ham. Let us now show you how to cook potatoes in an air fryer.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Potatoes
This air fryer frozen potatoes dish is undoubtedly the simplest meal you will ever make in your air fryer since it just requires placing the potatoes in the oven and cooking them. Once you have tried potatoes in an air fryer recipe, you will never go back to cooking them any other way. It is healthier than baking or deep frying it because the fat drains into the Air fryer tray and is discarded after cooking.’You can also serve them with breakfast sausages.
Potatoes in air fryer are as easy to make as it gets: a bag of your favorite frozen chopped potatoes. This is a one-ingredient dish that doesn’t require any extra oil. If desired, season with salt and pepper along with garlic powder or onion powder. The potatoes are generally seasoned already.
You only need three things to cook potatoes: an air fryer, a rubber spatula, and rubbed-tipped tongs.
1. Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 200 °C (400 °F). This is a good tip for air frying since it gives the potatoes a good temperature as if they were baked in an oven.
2. Place the frozen potatoes in the preheated air fryer basket, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes at 200C/400F. Every 8-10 minutes, pull out the basket and shake it to ensure uniform cooking. Note that you no longer need pour or spray the basket with oil.
3. When removing the air fryer basket or air fryer tray from the base pan, be cautious so that any fat droplets don’t drip on the floor or onto you. It will be hot, so take caution! Remove the potatoes with a fork or a tong to avoid kitchen mishaps.
4. Season the crispy potatoes to your liking while they are still hot, then enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Air Fryer Frozen Potatoes
Here are some tips to remember before air frying your frozen potatoes:
- Make sure the air fryer has been preheated properly. You may need to check the temperature again once you put the frozen food inside.
- Depending on the kind of frozen potatoes you’re using, you may add additional flavorings to the roasties before air frying. However, there are brands that do not require any additional seasonings.
- Do not overfill the air fryer basket. Use about 1 cup per batch or depending on the air fryer capacity.
- Be careful to keep the lid closed tightly. If there is too much steam escaping, the finger food will burn.
- Keep shaking the air fryer every 7 minutes.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Potatoes
The best thing to serve with air-fried potatoes is probably cheese and your favorite dipping sauces, but you can also try serving them with Tyson Air Fryer chicken wings, bacon bits, sour cream, butter, salsa, ketchup, or anything else you like.
How to Reheat Frozen Potatoes in Air Fryer
If you want to reheat the potatoes, simply place them in the air fryer for 20-22 minutes. They should taste great with your favorite seasoning, and sauces added.
How to Store Leftover Air Fried Potato
Store leftover air-fried potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Air Fryer Frozen Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 900 g Frozen potatoes, diced
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the air fryer basket with the frozen diced potatoes into the oven and cook for 30 minutes at 350°F. The amount of food you can prepare will be determined by your air fryer’s capacity. Make sure not to overfill it. Just fry depending on the air fryer capacity.
3. Frozen potatoes cooked in an air fryer will take around 12 minutes of cook time to air dry. Cook them for 6 minutes on one side and then shake the basket or turn the diced potatoes over before cooking them additional 5-6 minutes, or until they are well-heated and turn into golden brown.
4. For breakfast or supper as a tasty side dish, top with your favorite side dish, additional seasonings, or favorite sauce. You can also drizzle a bit of olive oil and sprinkle some teaspoon salt. Enjoy!