If you enjoy French pastries, air fryer frozen croissants are a must-have. Air fryer croissants are deliciously baked and ready to be filled with cheese or ham, or they can contain butter.
The outside is crispy and flaky, while the inside is quite doughy.
They are ideal for a quick breakfast, particularly if you want to keep it light with either a cold cup of hot coffee, milk, or melted chocolate bars. Isn’t it wonderful to enjoy warm, soft, and flaky air fryer croissants?
This air fryer croissant recipe can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. You may use refrigerated canned dough or make your own croissants, both options are simple and taste wonderful. B
ut today, we will use the store-bought canned dough for easier and more convenient cooking for your favorite after school snack or breakfast pasty with ham steak and eggs.
How to Make Air Fryer Croissants
Yes, you may cook frozen croissants frozen in the air fryer. Frozen croissants become something fantastic looking with beautiful color to them due to the butter. You can also cook as many or as few frozen croissants that will fit in your air fryer. Also, make sure you pick up a box of your favorite frozen mini croissants rather than a can of your favorite frozen crescent rolls for this recipe.
Get your mini frozen croissants. They may be found in various sizes, which is convenient if you want to fill them with yummy toppings. To cook one batch of frozen croissants in an air fryer basket, we recommend you make five at once. Simply because, unless you have an air fryer oven, you won’t be able to fit much more than this at once inside the air fryer basket.
To cook air fryer frozen croissants, you only need three things: an air fryer, rubbed-tipped tongs, and a non-stick spatula.
To make your air fryer croissants, simply thaw and cook the frozen pastry in a preheated air fryer for several minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
1. Cook frozen croissants in a preheated 330F air fryer. Preheat for 3-5 minutes, as recommended.
2. Place the frozen mini croissants in a single layer on the air fryer basket or oven tray with parchment paper. Place the frozen croissants in the air fryer basket upside down, making sure to space them two inches apart for uniform browning.
3. The croissants will take around 13-15 minutes to air fry in total. For 7 minutes, air fry the croissants before turning them over to face up. Allow the croissants to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
4. Continue to air fry them until they are golden brown and cooked through, which might take an additional 6-8 minutes. Because the croissants are so light, your air fryer may flip them as they defrost!
5. Enjoy and serve with either your favorite hot drink, powdered sugar, or melted chocolate bars.
Tips in Air Frying Croissants
- Before baking the flaky air fryer croissant, always preheat your air fryer. This step is crucial since it provides the best outcome.
- Place the croissants in the air fryer basket with plenty of space between them. The hot air will circulate and result in an equally baked croissant if there is adequate distance between them.
- Instead of crowding the air fryer basket, cook in portions.
- Letting your croissant dough rest for at least an hour will produce the best results if you create an air fryer croissant on your own.
- Do not forget to start the croissant’s top down in the air fryer to prevent the top from overcooking.
- You can use a fork to gently poke holes into the croissants while they are still warm.
- If you would like to add mozzarella cheese to your air fryer croissants, place it on top of the croissants after they’ve been placed in the air fryer but before they’ve been turned over.
- Use parchment paper instead of aluminum foil to catch all the excess.
- Use a pizza cutter if you want to cut the canned dough.
- Always check the air fryer’s exact temperature settings.
What to Serve Along With Croissants
You can enjoy these delicious treats alongside other savory foods, such as meats, cheeses, dips, and spreads. Add some fresh herbs or spices to add flavor.
If you like sweet treats, then try adding jam, jelly, honey, or even a cup chocolate chips to give your croissants a little extra sweetness.
Is It Safe to Reheat Croissants in Air Fryer
Yes! You can reheat your air fryer croissants just like any other food item. However, when heating up your flaky air fryer croissants, keep in mind that they should be heated slowly and evenly. If you heat them too fast, they’ll burn.
How to Store Leftover Croissants
Store leftover air fryer croissants in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They also freeze well for later use.
Air Fryer Croissant Recipe
Serving: 4 servings
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 4-6 frozen croissants
1. Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes before cooking.
2. Place the frozen croissant dough or delicious crescent rolls in the air fryer basket or on the oven tray.
3. Place the frozen croissants upright in the air fryer basket, spacing them 2″ apart for uniform browning.
4. It will take approximately 13-15 minutes to air fry the croissants. After 7 minutes in the air fryer, turn the croissants over so that they are face up.
5. Continue cooking the croissant dough until they’re golden brown and cooked through, taking another 6-8 minutes.
6. Enjoy and serve plain or with drinks and sides.