How to make breakfast sausage links in an air fryer? This is a common question, especially for sausage lovers. If you are looking for the best way to cook a hearty breakfast sausage links in your air fryer, then you have come to the right place!
We will show you how to make breakfast sausage links using this air fryer recipe. The process is very simple and easy to follow. You can also use it as an appetizer or even a side dish. If you enjoy having sausage links with your breakfast, the air fryer will be a game-changer in your mornings. They take only 15 minutes to cook.
Here’s the chance to get your questions answered about this topic since we will show you how to make the greatest breakfast sausage links in an air fryer in simple steps.
What are the Tips in Cooking Breakfast Sausage Links in Air Fryer
Before anything else, let us share some tips for making and cooking fresh or frozen breakfast sausage links in an air fryer. You can serve them with potatoes cooked in the hot air fryer.
- Sausage links must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow your sausage links to preheat in the Air Fryer before adding them inside.
- If you have a basket-style air fryer with no way to spread out your sausage links and provide room for air circulation on all sides, we recommend flipping them after 5 minutes to ensure they’re cooked through.
- The secret to perfect sausage links is that they should be cooked until there’s enough pink left in the middle. If you overcook them, they won’t taste good at all.
- You must add salt when air frying sausage links because they tend to dry quickly.
- Cooking time varies depending on the size of the links. Small sausages may require less time than large ones.
- Because sausage is a high-fat food, you will want to ensure your fryer is clean on the inside, or you may run into the ugly white smoke problem.
How To Make Breakfast Sausage Links in Air Fryer
There are three essential things to remember when making regular breakfast sausage links in the air fryer. They are the ingredients, equipment, and detailed instructions.
You only need to pick up a package of your favorite breakfast sausage links to make air-fried breakfast sausage links in an air fryer. You can use a fresh or frozen sausage links.
For the equipment, you will use rubber-tipped tongs, a rubber spatula, and an air fryer.
To make air fryer breakfast sausage links, you only need 12-15 minutes of your time in the morning! You may make a variety of breakfast sausages in your air fryer, including pouring some maple syrup, black pepper, or cayenne pepper.
1. The first few minutes are spent preheating the air fryer and getting the sausage links ready, while the remainder of the time is devoted to air frying.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3-5 minutes. Put the fresh breakfast sausage links in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
3. Cook and brown the sausage links in your preheated air fryer for 8-10 minutes, or until desired golden brown.
4. Serve and enjoy!
What are the Signs of Cooked Breakfast Sausage Links
Once you have made fresh breakfast sausage links in your air fryer and served them to your family, here are some signs to look out for if your sausage links were not cooked properly.
- If your sausage links appear undercooked, you might want to try increasing the heat setting by 1 degree.
- If your sausage links start to burn, lower the heat setting by 10-20 degrees.
- If your breakfast sausage links start smelling like burnt meat, turn off the air fryer and remove the lid. Let it cool down completely. Then open the door and let the steam escape. This will help reduce the smell.
How to Reheat Sausage Links in Airy Fryer
In an air fryer, reheat breakfast sausage links for 3-5 minutes at 400F and 2-3 minutes until cooked.
How to Store Cooked Leftover Sausage Links
After you have eaten your breakfast sausage links, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you do not eat them right away, place the leftover sausage links back in the fridge after opening the container so that they stay cold.
What to Serve Together with Breakfast Sausage Links
Serve your breakfast sausage links alongside eggs, pancakes, waffles, French toast, biscuits, muffins, etc.
Breakfast Sausage Links in Air Fryer Recipe
Here’s a very simple air fryer breakfast recipe for your friends and family!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 raw sausage links
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes before using it.
- To get big juicy sausages, use the basket of your air fryer.
- The temperature should be set to 380°F in the air fryer.
- If you are using a high-powered air fryer, cook the sausages for 6 minutes and check them to ensure they are done. If you are using frozen sausage links, cooking time may take extra minutes than needed.
- With an instant-read meat thermometer, check for doneness. When done, the sausages should be cooked to an air fryer temperature of 160°.
- You may cook sliced French toast in an air fryer, as seen here, or serve it hot with any brunch items you choose.