This delicious and salty mustard and brown sugar glaze go with all sorts of side dishes. Quick dinner with friends? There’s no need to worry! Air fryer ham steaks taste just like a Christmas ham without the fuss or clean-up.
Ham slices are delicious when cooked using the air fryer. It is quick and simple to obtain ham steaks when you don’t want to prepare a whole boneless ham or a whole ham.
Ham steaks are available fresh or frozen, and they’re simple to season and cook in an air fryer. Frozen ham steaks only require a few minutes more, and served with eggs in a croissant makes a great breakfast for a big crowd.
Even if you make the air fryer ham steaks, green beans, or other side dishes at different times, it only takes 20 minutes to prepare both meals! It is the perfect size for a gathering, and you can cook it in just one batch.
How to Make Air Fryer Ham Steak
Air fryer ham steaks are typically served for lunch, but they may also be served as a quick supper when you want more than a ham sandwich. If you want to serve the air-fried ham steak with side dishes, you can opt to have pineapple chunks, air-fried potatoes [straight from the freezer] , or roasted asparagus, too! They go perfectly with the sweet and savory flavor of the ham steaks.
The secret to making these tasty ham steaks is the mustard and brown sugar glazed coating. The glaze adds a lot of flavors and makes them extra juicy. You can use regular bbq sauce or even honey mustard instead of the mustard glaze.
We’ll teach you how to transform 4 simple items into an outstanding weeknight dinner with this technique. You will need these four simple ingredients for your weeknight meal:
- Bone-in ham steak
- Dijon Mustard
- Brown Sugar
To cook air fryer ham steak, you only need two things: an air fryer and a non-stick spatula.
1. Make an easy brown sugar glaze, apply it to the ham steak, and air fry it now that you have your ingredients!
2. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
3. In a small mixing dish, combine the hot melted butter mixture, brown sugar, and dijon mustard until smooth.
4. To prevent the sauce from dripping, like the air fryer with a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil before adding it.
5. Brush one side of the ham steak with half of the glaze and position it faces up in the air fryer.
6. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you’ll need anywhere from 10 to 12 minutes for the ham.
7. After 5 minutes, flip the ham steak over and brush on the remaining glaze. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tips in Cooking Air Fryer Ham Steak
- Always preheat the air fryer before using it. The burst of hot air circulates around the amazing comfort food meal, sealing in the delicious flavors.
- To ensure that the meat cooks at the same rate, make sure your ham steaks are of equal size. Check for doneness halfway through and, if desired, add more sauce or glaze.
- Leave a little gap between the ham steaks to allow air to circulate each piece freely.
- You can use maple syrup in place of brown sugar for the glaze.
- The uncured ham steak we used is fully cooked, but some on the market may be uncooked and will take longer to cook.
- We used a 1 pound ham steak, although the cooking time might be shorter if your ham steak is smaller or if you’re using ham pieces.
- If you prefer your ham steak well done, increase the cooking time by about 2 minutes.
- Cook the ham steak to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit in the air fryer. While we tested this dish and air fryer cooked the ham in 10+ minutes, using a digital meat thermometer to check for doneness is the best method.
What Side Dishes to Serve With Ham Steak
Ham steaks pair perfectly with mashed potatoes, coleslaw, cornbread, and biscuits. It also goes well with glazed pineapple slices or chunks and green vegetables.
Is It Okay to Air Fry Ham Piece
Yes, it’s okay to air fry a ham steak as long as it’s cut into appropriate sizes. If you want to serve the ham steak whole, just slice it first. Ham pieces may be baked, but this cooking style is more suited for a small quantity of ham. Preheat your air fryer to 380° F for 5 minutes. Air fry ham pieces for 5+ minutes until heated through and crispy on the outside.
How to Store Leftover Cooked Ham
Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator using an airtight container within 4 hours of being cooked. You can reheat them in the microwave or oven.
Air Fryer Ham Steak Recipe
Servings: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 lb ham steak
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat the air fryer to400 F for 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the warm melted butter, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard until well blended.
3. To prevent the sauce from dripping, line the preheated air fryer with a sheet of parchment paper.
4. Brush one side of the ham steak with half of the sauce and position it in the air fryer to face up.
5. Depending on the air fryer model, the ham will cook for 10-12 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, flip the ham steak over and brush on the remaining glaze; continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until the center is heated and an internal temperature of 145 degrees F has been reached.
7. Remove from the steak in the air fryer and glaze some sauces or maple syrup on top. Serve the glazed ham steak with your choice of side dish.